‘Thank you very much for seeing us through the trying process of buying and selling property; only made much easier by your guidance.’
Our Complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- The person dealing with your case concerned will make every effort to resolve the problem or misunderstanding with you as quickly and as efficiently as possible. We would like you to try to resolve the problem or misunderstanding with the person dealing with your case concerned in the first instance. However, we acknowledge that in some cases this may be difficult. In those cases you would contact the Department Head informing him or her of your complaint. The Department Head would then endeavour to solve the problem with you directly.
- If the person dealing with your case cannot resolve the problem or misunderstanding then they will consult with the Department Head and complete a client complaints form which will outline the details of the complaint in full. The Department Head will then contact you to talk to you in more detail about your complaint and try to resolve the problem with you.
- If unfortunately you have not been able to resolve your complaint with the person dealing with your case or Department Head then we will conduct a full investigation into your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Andrew Payne, who will review your matter and speak to the person dealing with your case who acted for you.
- Andrew Payne will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Andrew Payne will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Andrew Payne will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman in writing to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ informing them of your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within twelve months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman (0300 555 0333) or firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- Mr and Mrs Watt
Chloe, we just want to take this opportunity to thank you. There are not enough words to describe just how amazingly you have handled this whole process for us. We can’t thank you enough for supporting us through what has been a challenging few months!!Mr and Mrs Richardson
Hello Mr Baker and Matthew
I wanted to say thank you for the professionalism, consideration and efficiency with which you dealt with my house sale kind regardsJ Martin
I asked Sharon to look into carrying out some debt collection and from the very first communication, Sharon took away all the stress and hassle which this situation can bring. Sharon kept me fully informed with what was going on and carried out the work in a professional yet personable manner. It was great when Sharon told me all the debt had been collected with late payment interest added and for me, it was a stress and hassle free experience and I would highly recommend Sharon’s services.P. Hedley, Big Fat Pidgeon Productions
Wendy and her team worked brilliantly on a very challenging case with a great result – I gave them the information and they sorted it all out for me, professionally and efficiently . I would definitely recommend Wendy.P. Hobday
We were impressed with the quick and professional service and would be happy to recommend them, and will certainly use them again.R Bull & A Derbicz & Family
May I thank you for all your care and hard work. In all matters you proved to be most helpful in what was a most difficult and at times trying set of circumstances.
Keep up the good work, thank you again.P. Robinson
I wanted to say a huge thanks to Wendy for the help and assistance she and her colleagues have given me over the past few years, on a personal and professional level.
Wendy is at the top of her game and has a wealth of experience which can only be gained through proven work experience. The legal advice you get is second to none.
I have used Wendy’s services for the buy out of my previous business partner, a commercial bad debt and the conveyancing of a property sale and purchase. Throughout all of my dealings with Wendy, she has been professional and treated my cases with the upmost priority and has always had my best interests at heart.
Thanks again Wendy for all of your help and I would have no hesitation in recommending your services.S Stewart
I just wanted to send you a message of thanks for your work over these past 4 and a half years. It has certainly been a tough time period in my life, but your support has made things so much easier. Knowing that there were people who understand me, my needs and most importantly believed in me means everything to me, i really can’t thank you enough. The case was certainly not a straight forward one, but you fought my corner at every step. Thank you.
I would also like to thank Alison as well for making me feel relaxed on the day should i have had to go into court. I would have gone in with 100% confidence and that could have made all the difference on the day. In the end it wasn’t necessary and we got the result. For me it was never about the money, it was about the effect it was going to have on my future life and career, so the result is a good one.
I would not hesitate for a second in recommending Sills & BetteridgeL.P
Thank you for all your help with this matter and the efficient manner in which my case has been handled. As I am sure you will appreciate, it was quite distressing and stressful to have had a second accident in such a short time frame but the way in which you handled the case and provided me with advice and kept me updated throughout has been very reassuring and I have nothing but praise and recommendation for both you and your company.L.J.E
“We are very grateful for your help at Lincoln when we feel you achieved the best outcome possible in the circumstances.”B.B.
“I can only thank you for your hard work and exceptional talent in the progress you have made in my case. I honestly cant thank you enough“A.P.
Branches Across Lincolnshire & Nottingham
Explore our website to learn more about our services or call 0800 542 4245 for a free initial consultation on selected services.