Abuse and Assault Claims

1. Abuse Claims

If you have been the victim of physical, sexual or emotional abuse even if it did not occur recently, you may be entitled to make a claim for the physical and psychological harm caused.

Many abuse claims are brought by people who suffered abuse when they were children. Abuse may have occurred in different situations including whilst in the care of the local authority or foster carers, by a person in a position of trust or by a family member. Claims can be brought against the person or persons who abused you or against the organisation responsible. Although compensation cannot change the past it can help victims to rebuild their lives and move on from the trauma.

We appreciate that revisiting the past can be difficult and uncomfortable. However, our claims lawyers are dedicated to making the process as painless as possible and you can be assured that your case will be treated with utmost compassion and sensitivity. Our team will work closely with you to achieve the best possible outcome.

Whatever your circumstances you can contact us in confidence for a free initial consultation. If we believe you have a claim we will explain to you all the necessary steps in making a claim and how we can support you during the process.

2. Assault Claims

Assault claims generally arise if you have been assaulted by another person. You can bring an assault claim against the other person for the injury you have suffered although in many cases the other person will not have the financial means to compensate you. You can make a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority which awards compensation to victims of crime who have suffered an injury. The award is on a tariff basis depending on the severity of injuries. Very minor injuries will not quality for an award.

If you have been assaulted you should report the incident promptly to the Police. This may result in the person assaulting you being prosecuted and it is essential to do so if you want to bring a Criminal Injuries Compensation claim.

3. How do I know if my claim will succeed?

If you have been assaulted or abused and your claim is against the person who carried out that act, then your claim will succeed but you may not recover compensation if they do not have the means to pay. If you bring a claim against an organisation, it is necessary to show that it was negligent in failing to take proper care of you or prevent the abuse. We will take full details from you and advise you if you have grounds to bring a claim.

4. What injury can I claim for?

You are entitled to be compensated for the physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse that you suffered. You may also have suffered psychological symptoms as a result of the abuse and you are entitled to be compensated for that.

5. What compensation will I receive?

The compensation for your injury depends upon the severity of the injury itself. There are published guidelines which give a range of compensation for different injuries. When your claim is ready for settlement, we will carry out detailed research and advise you on the appropriate compensation you should receive.

Client Feedback

Personal Injury Team

Partner - Lincoln

Partner - Lincoln

Partner - Skegness

Partner - Lincoln

Chartered Legal Executive - Skegness

Chartered Legal Executive - Skegness

Chartered Legal Executive - Lincoln

Branches across Lincolnshire and Central England

Explore our website to learn more about our services or call 0800 542 4245 for a free initial consultation on selected services.