Professional Development (CPD) – Solicitor’s Professional Development working towards the SRA’s Competency Statement.
SRA Competency – All of our courses advertised below will satisfy Part B (Legal Technical Practice) of the SRA Competency Statement.
So why choose Sills & Betteridge LLP for your Professional Development?
1. We employ a range of quality speakers who specialise in different areas of law to deliver high quality training to our delegates;
2. We offer quality training in the Lincolnshire area which saves local solicitors’ firms money on travel expenses;
3. We offer training at a reduced cost and offer discounts for group bookings;
4. Our course materials are written by our speakers, are tailored to each individual course, and are updated before the course to ensure that the delegates are receiving the most up to date information; and
5. Interaction between delegates and speakers is encouraged to help understanding.
How will you record your continuing competence?
You will be provided with a certificate at the end of each course. On the reverse of the certificate you will be able to reflect on your learning activity and record your tangible outcomes which can be retained and produced at a later stage as evidence of your continuing competence.
How do I book?
Private Client Update
8 October @ 9:00 am - 12:45 pm£109
Intermediate/Advanced Level – Competence – B – Technical Legal Practice.
This session will provide a review of current issues in Private Client Practice with particular emphasis on pitfalls and good practice. The exact detail will be based on recent developments coming from judgements and statutes throughout 2018 and early 2019. It is likely to include:
- Changes to probate practice
- The latest on the implications of the GDPR for private client practice
- The latest cases on I(PFD)A 1975
- The recent run of proprietary estoppel claims and farming families
- The Office of Tax Simplification’s review of IHT
- Any developments in APR and BPR including the appeal in Graham