The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 came into force on 31st July 1974. The Act places two main duties on anyone who operates a business:
- It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his or her employees.
- It shall be the duty of every employer to conduct his undertaking in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons not in his employment who may be affected thereby are not thereby exposed to risks to their health or safety.
Following the introduction of the Act there has been a huge volume of regulations made. These regulations can apply to almost every area of any business, from the lowest risk office to the most hazardous chemical plant. In addition in 1992 six sets of regulations were introduced which implemented EC Directives and apply to the majority of workplaces. These included:
- Management of Health and Safety At Work Regulations 1999
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended)
- The Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992
- Workplace (Health safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
Sills & Betteridge Solicitors have a team of highly experienced lawyers who are able to advise you on health and safety issues. Our services include:
- Advice on all Health & Safety Law issues.
- Support when a business is served with a legal notice and/or subjected to prosecution as a result of intervention by the HSE or Local Authority safety inspection. To include Health and Safety investigations, lodging appeals, advising at interviews under caution and representing individuals and companies at subsequent Court proceedings.
- Advice with regard to ISO 9000/OHSAS Health and Safety management systems implementation including setting up procedures and policies, carrying out audits, risk assessments and investigations.
If you need representation on a Health & Safety matter contact us today on 0800 542 4245, email at email@example.com or call in to one of our offices for a free confidential discussion.
I just want to say a huge thank you to you today for the way in which you dealt with Ryan and myself and of course the case. I have no doubt without your representation we wouldn’t have achieved this result. Ryan, his mum and me are delighted and relieved it’s all over. Our very many thanks
We don’t have a solicitor and although I assume your expertise is crime and therefore hopefully won’t need you again, I will certainly be using your firm for any other work in the future
All the very best
“We are very grateful for your help at Lincoln when we feel you achieved the best outcome possible in the circumstances.”
“I can only thank you for your hard work and exceptional talent in the progress you have made in my case. I honestly cant thank you enough“
“If the level of service provided is the same to others there is room for little improvement from an excellent service.”
“I thought all your staff were very helpful at all times especially Katie Scott.”
“The way I was looked after was really good and I was very grateful. Thank you for your knowledge.”
Branches Across Lincolnshire & Nottingham
Explore our website to learn more about our services or call 0800 542 4245 for a free initial consultation on selected services.