Road Traffic Accident

Have you had or been involved in a road traffic accident? Then Sills & Betteridge Solicitors’ Claim team is here for you.

1. Who can claim?

Road Traffic Accident Claims can be made by the following categories of people:-

  • Car driver
  • Passenger
  • Motorcyclist
  • Pedal cyclist
  • Pedestrian

2. What do I need to do following a Road Traffic Accident?

  • You should obtain the name and address of the drivers of any other vehicles involved in the accident.
  • You should also obtain the registration numbers of any other vehicles involved in the accident. You do not need to obtain insurance details.  If we have a registration number we can obtain this information for you.
  • If the Police attend the accident they will obtain the above information for you.
  • If you are unable to obtain the above details because the other driver refuses to give them or because the other driver does not stop you should report the accident to the Police straightaway.
  • You should report the accident to your own insurance company.

3. How do I know if my claim will succeed?

For a claim to succeed, it needs to be proved that somebody else was at fault. For example, in a collision between two cars a claim can be made against the driver of the car who caused the collision. In many cases this is obvious but we will in any event  take full details from you and advise as to who will be found liable for the accident.

4. What injury can I claim for?

You can claim for any injury however small. The most common injuries arising from a road traffic accident are whiplash injuries which involve soft tissue damage to the neck, shoulders and back. This type of injury is not always immediately apparent. If you are concerned about your injury then you should seek medical attention.

5. How much compensation will I receive?

The compensation for your injury depends upon the severity of the injury itself. There are published guidelines which give a range of compensation for different injuries. When your claim is ready for settlement, we will carry out detailed research and advise you on the appropriate compensation you should receive.

Client Feedback

Personal Injury Team

Partner - Lincoln

Partner - Lincoln

Partner - Skegness

Partner - Lincoln

Chartered Legal Executive - Skegness

Chartered Legal Executive - Skegness

Chartered Legal Executive - Lincoln

Branches in Lincolnshire and across Central England

Explore our website to learn more about our services or call 0800 542 4245 for a free initial consultation on selected services.