As one of the leading firms of solicitors in the region, we offer a full range of legal services to private individuals and business clients in Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
We are proud to have been providing legal services for more than 260 years. Over that time we have built up a wealth of experience and knowledge about what you, our clients, want from a solicitor. There are over 320 people working for the firm in legal and administrative roles. Our highly trained people take the time to understand your needs, find practical solutions and explain things in a straightforward way, to make the process of dealing with us as smooth as possible.
We believe that by putting you at the heart of everything we do, we can solve your problems, meet your goals and provide you with the best advice.
You only have to look at the hundreds of reviews our clients leave to see how important service is to the firm. Our current rating is 4.8 out of 5. Our client satisfaction surveys show that over 96% of our clients would use us again or recommend us.
We are highly committed to quality and constantly strive to improve. We are proud to have been recognised as a law firm of quality and experience through the award of the Legal Aid Agency's Specialist Quality Mark, the Law Society's Lexcel Quality Standard and the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. These three quality standards award firms for providing exceptional client service and excellence in practice management.
We are also very proud to receive regular, independent recognition as a 'Leading Firm' by the Legal 500, and to have been placed in The Lawyer 'UK 200' for the first time in 2019, and each year since.
The recorded origins of Sills & Betteridge date back to 1759. The firm gets its name from Mr G R Sills who ran the firm alone until 1948 when he accepted Roger Betteridge into partnership. Mr Betteridge retired in 1976 and Roger Wallis took over the business. Karen Bower-Brown is the firm’s current senior partner.
The firm’s head office is at Aquis House, Clasketgate, Lincoln.
Sills & Betteridge have amalgamated with numerous firms since 2007. The firm has used mergers and acquisitions as a strategy for expansion into new geographic areas and to further strengthen its existing operations.
The list below details all of the mergers and acquisitions completed by Sills & Betteridge:-
- Acclaimed Family Law - Sheffield - January 2023
- Rawson Family Law - Shefffield - April 2021
- Bridge Sanderson Munro Solicitors – Doncaster – 1st October 2019
- TrentSide Legal – Gainsborough – 1st September 2019
- Frearsons Solicitors – Skegness – 1st October 2015
- MacLaren Britton Solicitors – Nottingham – 1st October 2013
- JSP Solicitors – Skegness – 1st October 2013
- Norman Green Solicitors – Skegness – 1st October 2011
- Richard Tinn Solicitors – Boston – 1st October 2011
- Godsons Solicitors – Sleaford – 1st September 2010
- Walkers, Rainey & Owen – Spilsby – 1st September 2007
- Jebb & Tunnard – Boston – 1st June 2007
- Thimblebys Solicitors – Spilsby & Coningsby – 1st June 2007