Tax Planning Solicitors
At Sills & Betteridge Solicitors we specialise in capital and property tax planning. We have a wealth of experience advising our clients on Inheritance Tax mitigation strategies and, in particular, the interaction of Inheritance Tax planning with other taxes. We always take care to ensure that, where possible, your Inheritance Tax mitigation will not adversely affect your other tax liabilities.
Our aim is to produce an overall strategy that best suits you and, where applicable, your family, by meeting both your tax planning and commercial or family objectives.
Our Inheritance Tax planning includes:
- Mitigation of Inheritance Tax through lifetime giving
- Mitigation of Inheritance Tax through the use of Trusts and Wills
- Mitigation of Inheritance Tax by ensuring your affairs are organised to take full advantage of any available reliefs or exemptions
- Reviewing your business or agricultural affairs to ensure that you are taking full advantage of the availability of Business Property Relief and/or Agricultural Property Relief
- Working with other professionals to put your plans into place, whether we are taking responsibility for the overall plan or providing legal assistance to implement plans created for you by others
The other taxes we usually look to mitigate are Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax and personal Value Added Tax. We do not usually advise on Corporation Tax, Income Tax or business Value Added Tax, but would be happy to refer you to specialist accountants who would be able to advise on these.
Our team would be happy to meet with you at any of our offices, or where necessary they can visit you at home.
To find out more information please contact the team, or call into your local office.