Employment Law for Employers
In the field of employment, the law is constantly changing. That is why you need specialist legal advice from lawyers who make it their business to keep ahead in this ever-changing area of legal work. At Sills & Betteridge we are able to offer a truly specialist employment law service to our clients through our team of employment lawyers.
If you are an employer, your legal obligations begin at the recruitment stage and continue even beyond the termination of someone’s employment. It is important to get the law right, given how costly and time-consuming mistakes can be to your business. Our lawyers can help guide you safely through this complex area.
We have vast experience across the entire spectrum of employment work, having advised national employers, SMEs and sole traders on issues ranging from business acquisitions to discrimination in the workplace, business sales and re-organisation, Trade Union disputes, contracts of employment, disciplinary and grievance procedures, restrictive covenants, settlement agreements, termination of employment and TUPE transfers.
Employment litigation cannot always be avoided. If you find yourself before an employment tribunal or a court, we will ensure that you are expertly represented in the most cost-effective manner.
Whilst our Team can advise and assist you in relation to the one-off cases, we can also work with you on an ongoing retainer basis. We have introduced a range of fixed fee retainer packages to suit every business and budget, with “bolt ons” available including optional insurance to cover defending Employment Tribunal claims, injunctions to enforce restraints of trade and even Tribunal awards and settlement payments. These packages can enable certainty of cost to your business and allow you to feel safe in the knowledge that an experienced solicitor is always on hand.
We also offer training on matters such as equality and diversity, modern slavery, carrying out disciplinary procedures and much more.
Our expertise will ensure that you are on the best possible legal footing, no matter what the situation.
Employment Law matters we can help you with include:
- Employment Status;
- Contracts of employment and Director’s Service Agreements;
- Disciplinary matters and dismissal;
- Equality, discrimination and harassment;
- Internal grievances and other complex employee relations issues;
- Drafting and updating employment policies and procedures;
- Managing employment changes such as restructuring, re-organisation and redundancy exercises;
- Post-termination restrictive covenants;
- Settlement Agreements;
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE);
- Flexible working requests;
- Advising how to respond to a public interest disclosure (Whistleblowing);
- Trade Union recognition, negotiating and drafting collective agreements and collective dispute resolution;
- Modern Slavery;
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting;
- Absence and performance management;
- Advising on subject access requests and complaints to the Information Commissioner.
To calculate your employee's statutory redundancy pay, click here to use the Statutory redundancy pay calculator.
If you would like to discuss your situation with a member of our specialist employment law team to see how we can help your business, get in touch using the contact options below.