Environmental Law Solicitors
The Environmental Protection Act 1990 was brought into force on 1 November 1990 and was devised as “an Act to make provision for the improved control of pollution arising from certain industrial and other processes”. The Act covers specific areas of Environment Control including:-
- Integrated Pollution Control and Control of Air Pollution by Local Authorities
- Waste On Land
- Contaminated Land
- Statutory Nuisances and Clean Air (smoke, odour, noise, insect etc.)
- Litter etc.
- Amendment of the Radioactive Substances Act 1960
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Nature Conservation in Great Britain and Countryside Matters in Wales
Sills & Betteridge Solicitors have a team of highly experienced lawyers dealing with all aspects of Environmental Law. Our services include:
- Advice on all Environmental Law issues
- Support when a business is served with a legal notice and/or is subjected to prosecution by a Local Authority or the Environment Agency. To include investigations, lodging appeals, advising at interviews under caution and representing individuals and companies at subsequent Court proceedings.
- Business risk audits
- Environmental audit of premises
- Advice with regard to ISO14001/EMAS implementations for SME’s
As well as services for businesses we are also able to advise private individuals under section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 with regard to actions regarding noise and statutory nuisances. This enables private individuals to deal with their own statutory nuisances by approaching the Magistrates’ Court instead of relying on Local Authorities to determine statutory nuisance.