Immigration Legal Fees and Costs
Initial Consultation (for any case) £180.
To discuss your circumstances in detail and confirm the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you.
This fee will be deducted from your final bill if we go on to deal with your case.
All fixed fees are exclusive of VAT which is applied at the current rate of 20% if applicable.
Types of Application/Claim
|Replacement Residence Permits||£400.00|
|Applying to become British – Naturalisation or Registration Applications||£1100.00|
|Applications to the EU Settlement Scheme or for an EU Family Permit||£600.00|
|Applications under the Immigration Rules including:
Spouse, partner, civil or unmarried partners
Fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner
Private and family life/Human Rights
Long residence in the UK
|Family reunion applications||£900.00|
|Dependent child or other relative||£1800.00|
Applications for work, business or study under the Points Based System
|Tier 1 Investors, entrepreneurs and talent visas
Tier 2 Long-term work visas
Tier 5 Short-term work visas
|On a time charged basis (see below)|
|Completing and submitting an appeal form||£300.00|
|Preparation of case||
On a time charged basis capped at £3,000
|On a time charged basis|
All our fixed fees are exclusive of VAT which is applied at the current rate of 20% if applicable.
All our fixed fees include:
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- advising on the evidence required in support and considering it;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf;
- Preparing any witnesses statements, if appropriate;
- Advising and assisting you throughout;
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System are all charged at an hourly rate of £220 plus VAT which is applied at the current rate of 20% if applicable. On average this type of work takes between 6 to 10 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £1320 and £2200 plus VAT at 20% if applicable.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. These are in addition to the fixed fees stated above. We can handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process and to reduce any possible delays. The following disbursements may be payable:-
• Home office/visa application fees/court fees – we will inform you of the cost of these as soon as possible.
• Interpreters fees – an interpreter may be required if you do not have a family member or friend available to assist with translation. We will advise you of likely fees if an interpreter is required.
• Independent expert reports – If we consider a report from an independent expert is required, for example a medical report, we will advise you as soon as possible together with the likely cost.
• Mileage – travel to attend a meeting with you or to attend a Tribunal is charged at 45 pence per mile plus VAT at 20% plus the cost of parking.
How long will it take?
It is estimated that preparing and submitting your application to the Home Office will take between 1 and 6 weeks. This depends on your location and the time it takes you to gather any supporting documentation. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. We are, however, able to check the current Home Office processing times for you at the beginning of your matter to provide you with approximate timescales.