James is a partner in Sills & Betteridge’s commercial department, and heads the corporate team.
Specialising in corporate law and intellectual property, James’ clients operate in sectors as diverse as renewable energy, technology, software development, road haulage, agriculture and financial services.
Recent work includes leading the following deals:
- acquisition of the business and assets of an agricultural machinery dealership
- corporate demerger and sale of a retirement park business
- sale of a bespoke software development business to a private equity backed international energy group
- management buyout of a soft furnishings group
- AD energy plant joint venture arrangement
Transaction values range from the smallest business purchase to complex multi-million pound deals, with typical work falling within the range of £500,000 to £20million. As a Legal 500 Leading Individual, James has a keen interest in intellectual property and technology transactions. James also deals with all tax aspects of corporate transactional work.
James has a masters degree in law from the University of London and a postgraduate certificate in intellectual property law.
With many years’ experience handling employment law matters, James supervises Stephen Britton, the head of that team. He also supervises Deborah Linford our Immigration specialist.