James is a partner in Sills & Betteridge’s commercial department and head of the corporate team.
Specialising in corporate law and intellectual property, his clients operate in sectors as diverse as renewable energy, technology, software development, road haulage, agriculture and financial services.
Recent work includes leading the following deals:
- sale of an online invoice payment and accountancy integration platform to an international direct debit bureau
- acquisition of the business and assets of an agricultural machinery dealership
- sale of an investment company with investments valued in excess of £4 million
- sale of a division of a client’s business to a public listed company (value in excess of £1 million)
- sale of an insurance broking franchise business (transaction value in excess of £2 million)
A Legal 500 Leading Individual, James has a keen interest in intellectual property and technology transactions.
James has a masters degree in law from the University of London and a postgraduate certificate in intellectual property law.