Agriculture & Rural Business Solicitors
Sills & Betteridge has extensive experience in assisting agricultural or rural businesses of all sizes with a comprehensive range of services, meaning we are able to offer a truly specialist service in all aspects of agricultural law.
Our clients include landed estate owners, farming businesses, processors, distributors and logistics providers.
We help our clients with a wide range of matters relating to agriculture and rural affairs, which include:
- advising on issues regarding tenancies including succession
- claims and disputes regarding grants and quotas
- farm business tenancies
- preservation of family farms
- sale and purchase of farms and farmland
In addition we can call upon the firm’s wider expertise to give you advice on a broad range of other matters such as:
- commercial litigation and disputes
- company and partnership matters
- dealing with the Gangmasters Licensing Authority
- employment law
- environmental law
- health and safety and other prosecutions
- planning law
Our lawyers are experienced in the range of legal problems arising from the diversification of agricultural businesses. Our regional presence means we can offer you advice based on genuine knowledge and experience. A number of our partners are members of farming families and we are professional members of the Country Land & Business Association (CLA), National Farmers Union (NFU), and Agricultural Law Association (ALA).
If you have any enquiries relating to any of the above, contact us to see how our specialist agriculture & rural business solicitors can help.