Speaker: Safda Mahmood
Intermediate/Update Level – Competence – B – Technical Legal Practice
The course will encompass a comprehensive look at the key case law and legislative developments across aspects of private children law and procedure.
This will be an interactive seminar with plenty of opportunity to ask questions and to analyse key themes and case law throughout the day. Some of the key areas to be covered will be:
- Parental Responsibility Issues
- Enforcement of Orders
- What is the position with Scott Schedules?
- Child Arrangements Orders
- Case Law Developments
- Private Children Law: Key Updates
- Domestic Abuse and Fact - Finding Hearings
- Permission to Remove Cases
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Vaccinations, Covid and Specific Issue
- Controlling or Coercive behaviour – What has changed?
- Children Giving Evidence
- Child Arrangements Programme – What will be changing?
You will learn:
- An understanding of the key issues surrounding private children law matters for practitioners
- An update on key legislative and case law developments
- An understanding of developments in private children law so as to apply these to your practice, whether in private practice or local authority
Safda Mahmood is a Senior Solicitor and Advocate in a Local Authority, as well as a nationally recognised Professional Development provider. Safda has practiced and lectured in Family Law for over 27 years and is on the Law Society Children Law Accredited Panel, specialising in Children and Adoption Law. As an author, he has written for various publications, such as Jordans’ Family Law Journal, The Legal Executives Journal, Solicitors Journal and the Law Society and Local Government Bulletin. Safda has also co-updated the title ‘Child Care and Protection: Law and Practice: Fifth Edition and is the Editor of the updated 6th edition of 2019 as well as the Children Law Handbook, 2021, by the Law Society.