A meeting between the Parliamentary Select Committee and senior figures at HMRC took place yesterday (8 April) and a number of key details were confirmed.
The information that came out is as follows:
- The portal will be open on 20th April;
- The first payment is due to be made to employers on or around 30th April;
- Subsequent payments will be made within 4-6 working days of submission of the data;
- A Guidance document on how to compile claims is to be issued to employers within the next few days;
- Employers may make one claim per pay period (ie. either weekly or monthly); and
- Employers may submit their claim up to 14 days ahead of their pay date.