Robert is a solicitor and joined Sills & Betteridge in 2015. He was appointed as a partner in 2019. He acts for both businesses and individuals in relation to a wide range of disputes.
In relation to Robert’s business clients, he regularly deals with:
- Contract disputes including issues relating to the sale of goods and supply of services, business sales and construction disputes;
- Property litigation including dilapidation claims and disputes regarding easement; construction disputes and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
In relation to Robert’s work for individual clients, he has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Property disputes such as commercial and residential landlord and tenant claims, dilapidations, possession cases and neighbour disputes;
- Wills and inheritance disputes, including claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and claims relating to the removal of trustees and executors;
- Professional negligence claims including disputes with solicitors and other professionals;
- Disputes between unmarried co-owners of properties under the Trusts of Land and Appointments of Trustees Act 1996.
Robert is regularly instructed by a wide range of small and medium sized businesses, as well as local authorities, charities and individuals. Robert has Higher Rights of Audience in Civil Proceedings, which means that he can represent clients in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court if necessary. He also has substantial experience of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Robert's supervisor is Karen Bower-Brown