The Environmental Protection Act 1990 was brought into force on 1 November 1990 and was devised as “an Act to make provision for the improved control of pollution arising from certain industrial and other processes”. The Act covers specific areas of Environment Control including:-
- Integrated Pollution Control and Control of Air Pollution by Local Authorities
- Waste On Land
- Contaminated Land
- Statutory Nuisances and Clean Air (smoke, odour, noise, insect etc.)
- Litter etc.
- Amendment of the Radioactive Substances Act 1960
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Nature Conservation in Great Britain and Countryside Matters in Wales
Sills & Betteridge Solicitors have a team of highly experienced lawyers dealing with all aspects of Environmental Law. Our services include:
- Advice on all Environmental Law issues
- Support when a business is served with a legal notice and/or is subjected to prosecution by a Local Authority or the Environment Agency. To include investigations, lodging appeals, advising at interviews under caution and representing individuals and companies at subsequent Court proceedings.
- Business risk audits
- Environmental audit of premises
- Advice with regard to ISO14001/EMAS implementations for SME’s
As well as services for businesses we are also able to advise private individuals under section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 with regard to actions regarding noise and statutory nuisances. This enables private individuals to deal with their own statutory nuisances by approaching the Magistrates’ Court instead of relying on Local Authorities to determine statutory nuisance.
Call now on 0800 542 4245 to discuss your case.
For general enquiries, contact us today on 0800 542 4245, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to one of our offices for a free confidential discussion.
I just want to say a huge thank you to you today for the way in which you dealt with Ryan and myself and of course the case. I have no doubt without your representation we wouldn’t have achieved this result. Ryan, his mum and me are delighted and relieved it’s all over. Our very many thanks
We don’t have a solicitor and although I assume your expertise is crime and therefore hopefully won’t need you again, I will certainly be using your firm for any other work in the future
All the very best
“We are very grateful for your help at Lincoln when we feel you achieved the best outcome possible in the circumstances.”
“I can only thank you for your hard work and exceptional talent in the progress you have made in my case. I honestly cant thank you enough“
“If the level of service provided is the same to others there is room for little improvement from an excellent service.”
“I thought all your staff were very helpful at all times especially Katie Scott.”
“The way I was looked after was really good and I was very grateful. Thank you for your knowledge.”
Branches in Lincolnshire and across Central England
Explore our website to learn more about our services or call 0800 542 4245 for a free initial consultation on selected services.